How Our GaGa Ball Pits Are Constructed
Original Outdoor System
- Constructed of 4” wide UV stable polyethylene timbers and powder-coated steel corner stanchions for durability.
- Assembled using stainless steel hardware.
- The 28” high walls are low enough for easy entry and exit during play and tall enough for good ball containment to keep the game moving.
- The stanchions can be permanently mounted (anchors are not included) or left free standing to allow players to change the pit shape or so that it can be pushed aside when not in use.
- Easy to assemble and install. No professional installer needed.
- Not made from wood which can rot, warp, check, crack and/or splinter.
- Each outdoor Gaga Ball Pit comes with a ADA access section.
- Available in 15', 20' and 26' diameter sizes
GaGa-2-Go Portable System
The perfect complement to our standard GaGa Pits, GaGa2Go is portable, easy to install, dismantle and stores neatly in a 30" x 48" x 25" area. Requiring no hardware, GaGa2Go is the perfect answer for indoor and/or temporary use for schools, churches, camps and more.
Why don't we use wood?
- Treated Lumber – Our clients just don’t want treated wood in their play areas any more. A pit could be built with non-treated wood, but the bottom rail and bolt-hole sites would decay quickly.
- Splinters – Considering all of the ‘over the wall action’ in a game of GaGa, we believe that wood was a very poor choice.
- Life Span – Long runs (typically 8' long) of treated lumber will twist as they dry and splinters are inevitable. For clients who want good quality products with little maintenance and a good, long service life – wood is simply not a good choice.
Why A Solid Walled GaGa Pit Is Essential:
- Ball Rebound – As you’ll see in the video and by reading the rules for the game, an important part of the strategy is to rebound the ball off the GaGa Pit walls. Inflatable or mesh walls will simply not provide the bounce needed for fast-paced play.
- Durability – Our pit is designed using materials that have a proven record of durability in outdoor play environments and cannot be matched by other softer materials such as nets or inflated plastic.
GaGa Ball Pit Assembly Details
Optional Permanent Installation Details
Note: Most users do not permanently anchor the Original Outdoor GaGa Ball Pit to concrete. Many prefer to have it remain free standing so that the shape of the pit may be changed or so that the unit may be pushed to the side in order to use the space for different activities. Concrete expansion anchors (not supplied) are required to fasten the pit to concrete permanently and are available from your local hardware store.